Wakefield Skip Hire is the trading name of EFR Skips Ltd. All skips supplied by Wakefield Skip Hire are supplied in accordance with our Terms & Conditions as set out below. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change at any time. Please read them in full:
- Text messages are sent to every customer with a skip booked on-line at www.wakefieldskiphire.co.uk or over the phone. This text message urges customers to read our Terms & Condition, please read these carefully. If you do not agree with any of the terms stipulated, please request a refund and/ or cancel the skip by calling 0113 3477330
- Skip hire duration is based on the size of the skip:
• 8 & 16 Yard skips are hired for a maximum of 14 consecutive days (extension can be applied on request)
• 2 & 4 Yard skips are hired for a maximum of 7 consecutive days (extension can be applied on request)
- All skips can be automatically booked for collection based on the above durations, you will receive a message to confirm the booking, if you require the skip for a longer duration, please contact us immediately so we can make the necessary adjustments. Addition hire time is granted by the discretion of Wakefield Skip Hire. Addition hire time is charged at the rate of £25.00 per week.
- Skips will be collected by Wakefield Skip Hire at the earliest opportunity.
- The lighting of fires near or in the skip is strictly prohibited. The hirer will be liable for any losses or damages to the skip container (excluding any fair wear & tear), the cost for repairing a skip can be between £300 – £500.
- If the skip is lost or stolen during the duration of the skip hire and up till the skip is collected, then the hirer will be liable for the full purchase price of the skip.
- Any order placed with Wakefield Skip Hire, which requires the delivery vehicles to leave the public highways will be at the customers own risk. The customer will accept full responsibility for any consequential damage that may occur to persons, property or to the vehicles because of this.
- Wakefield Skip Hire will not be held liable for any loss or damage caused by failure to supply, or any delay in supply which maybe caused directly or indirectly by any circumstances beyond our control including but not limited to fire, accident, vehicle or other machinery breakdown, or by an act of neglect on the part of the customer.
- Wakefield Skip Hire reserves the right to charge the customer for all costs incurred because of cancellation or variation of the whole or part of an order together with loss of profit and any other consequential loss. Any deliveries of skips that are cancelled 48 hours prior to delivery day will not incur any charges.
- Any arranged collections of skips that cannot be fulfilled because of customer delays, absence or other reasons, will result in additional charges.
- The content of the returning skips is the responsibility of the hirer.
- Wakefield Skip Hire is not licenced to handle Food waste, please do not dispose this type of waste in our skips (bagged or loose), unfortunately if we receive any skips with food, we have no other options but to return the full skip back to the hirer immediately, no refund will be issued.
- Waste deemed as hazardous by the European Waste Catalogue (Article 114) of the hazardous waste directive (91/689/EC) must not be placed in the skip. Hazardous waste is strictly prohibited and Wakefield Skip Hire is not licensed to handle these hazardous products, hence if any products are found in the skips, we will return the skip back to the sending customer: please DO NOT try to hide these products in the skip as the content of all our skips are segregated in our processing centre, hence having these products in the skips put our workers at a grave risk, Wakefield Skip Hire deems the following products as Hazardous waste:
Asbestos, Cement boards, Fuels, Large Batteries, Paints, Gas Cylinders
- Controlled Waste is accepted by Wakefield Skip Hire, the following waste is accepted at an additional charge, please let us know about these at the earliest convenience and make payment prior to collection:
a. Mattresses [Single – £10 / Double -£15 mattress]
b. Plasterboard – £10 per tonne [8 Yard Skip – £80], Roof felt – £20 per tonne [8 Yard Skip – £160]
c. Carpets, Underlay & Rugs – £10 per tonne [8 Yard Skip – £80)
d. Large Appliances [We don’t accept Fridge/ Freezers] – £10 per appliance
15. The hirer shall ensure that the skip is not overloaded by weight or volume at the time of collection. Skips should be loaded no higher than the top sides of the skips. Wakefield Skip Hire reserves the right to refuse to collect overloaded skips and any costs incurred due to unsafe loads / loading including void journeys will be passed on to the hirer. Additional charges may be levied. OVER LOADING will always incur a surcharge or refusal of collection. We only refuse to collect overloaded skips where it is deemed unsafe, Health & safety regulations are diligently observed by our drivers for their personal safety, as well as the safety of other road users.
16. Our extra-large skips, 14 & 16 yard skips, are for light materials, like house-hold clear out or green waste, please Do NOT fill with Soil, Rubble, bricks or other heavy materials, these heavy materials make the skip too heavy, which in turn makes it impossible for the equipment to load the skip in a safe manner back on the trucks.
17. Payment terms for non-account holders is always pre-payment prior to delivery. Account holders pay according to agreed terms. (Subject to written Agreement by Wakefield Skip Hire)
18. Skips can only be placed on the public highway by prior arrangement with Wakefield Skip Hire. A permit to site a skip on the public highway, including footpaths, is required from the relevant local authority. Wakefield Skip Hire can arrange the relevant permits to deposit a skip on the highway with the relevant local authority and a charge will be made. Charges vary with different local authorities but are usually £30 for an initial 2-week period. Skip Hire Permits are non-refundable.
If you require any further clarification on any of our terms & condition, please call us on 01924 63 77 77 during working hours.
19. Wakefield Skip Hire understands the impact of unnecessary waste generated, in an effort to play our part we operate a paperless office and encourage others the same; if any customers require either an email or printed invoices, transfer notes or PODs (Proof of Delivery), please ring us or email the office at email@example.com
20. Refunds are handled by EFR Skips Ltd and are in all cases issued in the same form as the original payment method